Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sunshiny Day for Summer Radiance

I'm not sure that 'sunshiny' is the proper use of the English Language, but it's fitting today. It has been quite a few days since the sun has shone as brightly as today. I took the opportunity to get a few pictures of Summer Radiance in natural light.

The darn thing is difficult to get a nice picture of due to its size, but I certainly tried numerous times. Don't you just love the digital camera! The full length size really does give an idea of how large the shawl is. If I were to do another shawl I might consider dropping charts 10-11 & maybe a portion of the fern leaf pattern...not sure it would work, but I'd prefer a shorter triangle if I were to keep & wear it.



The shorter length would allow me to wear it sideways rather than down the back. I don't really like the peak going down the middle of my back...yes, I'm one of those that thinks it makes me look/feel like an "old lady". Only my personnel preference and not a reflection of the original design which has been my obsession these last 2 months. I'm hoping that the intended receipient adores it as much as I do...

We'll see about that in a few weeks time...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Vouray said...

You have the patience of a saint...so pretty!

Cindi and Bill said...

I'm not sure about the patience thing, but I am obsessed in my knitting...loved the whole lace project, but it did turn out bigger that expected.