Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stash Busting...1 Year Later

I selected the yarn to use for the Mosaic Maniac's Lace Ribbon KAL...Blue Heron's Egyptian Mercenized Cotton...now there's a mouthful.

I bought this yarn over a year ago at Mosaic so this was a no brainer. I've been debating for the last few weeks what to do with it. I pulled it out and sit it on my desk to contemplate my choices...Mystic Lace Mystery KAL, Clapotis, or my own made up pattern. I decided that this was perfect for the pattern. Tonight I think I'll try to swatch a bit and see which needle gives the best look to the stitches.

I may even go nuts with the pattern and switch it up a bit by making it more wrap like than scarf. I have 1000 yds of yarn so I think I have enough to widen the scarf by casting on double the stitch count and knitting more repeats until I run out of yarn. Math may need to be used to figure this one out...oh no. More to come on this project which is to be cast on this Saturday.

No comments: