Thursday, April 17, 2008

More Edge & Some Sock

Finally finished one of the sleeves on the Shaped Edge Sweater. I think it took longer to do that sleeve than it did to knit the front or back. I wonder why? I've been knitting on this for at least a week. Who know's it might be longer than that since it seems like it's taken forever. I have been really trying to clear out this last item so I can move on to some fun knits...just not working fast enough obviously.
The Edge is looking pretty good now that I have a sleeve to fit in with the back & front. One problem may be the sleeve length once I actually get to the point of putting this thing together. I didn't modify the length since I do have long arms, but this sleeve sure does looks loooong. I may have to roll them back and have a cuff if that happens...I will not rip an entire sleeve back just for length...that's crazy talk at this point.

Since this has taken so long I've been rethinking the order of other projects... maybe I should go ahead with some tank top patterns instead of the 2nd sleeve. Afterall, it's time for warm weather things! The 2nd sleeve hasn't been cast on so I won't worry about not remembering where I am in the pattern. Yep, I've talked myself right into it, next up will be one of the tank tops I'd like done before it gets too hot around here.

As for progress on our neighborhood 1st sock knitting group...I've gotten past the heel flap a week or 2 ago and am now waiting for the group to catch up. Since everyone else is only an inch or three into the cuff portion of their socks I just may go ahead and finish sock 1 and start the 2nd sock. I think I should be able to jump ahead and still have a sock to demonstrate the heel flap when they get to that point.
Then both of my socks will be done when I finish teaching everyone how knit socks. We may get together this weekend and see how everyone's is coming along with their knitting...maybe I'll be able to get some progress pictures to post.

No comments: