Monday, April 21, 2008

Progress


I'm making good progress on the Lace Ribbon Scarf (wrap in my case) that I'm doing as part of the Mosaic Maniacs KAL. I have modified the cast on from 53 sts. up to 108 stitches so that it will be wide enough to use as a wrap. At least it looks wide enough on the needles...so now I only have to worry if I'll have enough yarn for a nice length wrap. I have a backup plan if the worse happens...either buy more Blue Heron Egyptian Merc. Cotton or use my leftover stash of Handmaiden Sea Silk in Storm to edge both ends.

So far I've completed the 2 pattern repeats the KAL Moderator suggested we have done by the end of this week. My hope is to be several repeats into the wrap by the weekend. The pattern has been very easy to memorize and read as I work so it's going pretty quickly. I have not used a lifeline yet, but probably should add one now...better safe than sorry.

No comments: