Friday, April 18, 2008

Casting On Tomorrow

Tomorrow is the start of the Lace Ribbon Scarf KAL with the Mosaic Maniacs on Raverly. As I mentioned a few days ago I'll be using the Blue Heron Eygtian Mercenized Cotton in a colorway called Leaf...very Springlike with greens, blues and a touch of yellow.

I've tried swatching to see how this is going to work with the pattern. First I tried out the Addi #2's which didn't really show the stitches as defined as I would have liked. So I moved up to my Harmony #4's...well I tried to until I broke the needle. Yes, that makes 2 Harmony #4's broken in a 2 week span. The first broken needle wasn't any doings of mine, but I can't say that about this mishap. I put my hand right down on top of it as I was answering my phone...then to compound the screwup no one was on the phone.

Rather than call Customer Service again I just tried using the superglue trick. I've tugged & twisted it and it appears to be fine. My guess is that it will be until I'm well into the project, then all will go "k-flooey". My DH thinks these are too fine with too many layers to be used in the way they are being used...screwed on the end of a cable in this case. He may be right...they are beautiful, just not very strong which is sad.

No comments: