Wednesday, April 02, 2008

More Problems

Woops I messed it up again...started to purl on the even row just like I was supposed to do only I didn't carry on until I had finished the entire row of 395 stitches. I do not remember when I switched to knitting. Thankfully I caught the error when I was 3/4's of the way through the row. I only had to tink back maybe 300 or so stitches...could have been worse.

Since that little mishap cost me 30 minutes of knitting, unknitting and then reknitting I didn't get much accomplished on finishing the darn project. My positive side thought I'd get through at least half of the chart before it got too late. Really need to pay attention tonight and see how it goes.


I also have been knitting on the sock for our neighborhood sock class...not pleased with the yarn & how it's knitting up. Maybe it's the 25% nylon content, but the sock looks way to big. I'm using size 2 needles and a basic sock pattern I've used quite a few times with great sucess. I think I will switch down to #1's when I get to the heel and finish off with those. The patterning is looking nice...hopefully I can get a match when I start the second sock .

The yarn is Chicago from Wisdom Yarns...75% superwash wool and 25% polyamide. The color is 232: navy, light blue, white, a odd pink (flesh color) and a tan. The pattern moves from stripes to stripes with a blotch of color resembling blocks as you knit around. I like the patterning just not happy with the feel of this sock. Maybe it will impove...but if not it's a class sock for demo purposes.

No comments: