Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring is for Growing...As in WIP's

How many WIP's can a person actively work on? I have no idea, but I'll be adding one more to my nightly knitting. The Mosaic Maniacs group on Ravelry is going to knit the Lace Ribbon Scarf from the Spring Knitty as a KAL starting next Saturday. I'm excited that I already have yarn in the stash...only have to decided between the koigu and the fleece artist.

Although I don't really have too many items on my needles at the moment. I've been swatching for a tank top...Soleil since last week. Currently at a stand still waiting for a needle replacement to arrive...more coming up about that problem. I find for the first time in a long time I've had difficulty obtaining the correct gauge for this tank which is 22 sts/33 rows. The yarn I love to use in the summer...Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the color "Teddy Bear" usually knits at 5 stitches per inch on size 6 needles...which would be about 20 stitches over the 4 inch swatch.

I first started out using my Knit Picks Options size 6, then my Harmony Options size 5's. When I tried to use my 4's, however, there was a problem with one of my needles...the cable and the hub fell apart before I could attach the cable. What the heck was up with that? These were a gift from my oldest and had not been out of the package so I called Customer Service and a new needle has been shipped....Yeah! So the tank is on hold at the moment. I cannot figure out why I keep getting 16-18 stitches, but maybe it'll will all come together later this week.

Also working up a few other tanks...summer is coming and I live in tank tops. My other 2 projects are Chick Knits Cami with wide straps in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Nymph. The last pattern is a new pattern from Angela Hahn called Etrusca. Angela designed the Lutea Tank found in last Summer's Interweave Knits that I loved so much I knit 2 of them for myself. I'm going to try and use the Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Harvest... stash busting on this one...the rest I had to buy.

I love all of these so I need to get busy and get the gauges correct so I can have something new to wear as the weather gets warmer.

No comments: