Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time Marches On and It's March Already


BFL
I have a confession to make...I have not spun any fiber since Thanksgiving.  I was actually spinning everyday until I ran out of fiber.  Christmas was fast approaching and I was told "not to run out and buy anything " so I was stuck with nothing.  Time marches on and I was gifted some roving or 'combed wool top'... from Woolgatherings and Webs.  Actually quite a bit of new fiber found its way into the stash over the Holidays.

Polwarth
My oldest and his lovely wife who also happens to be a knitter surprised me with 4 ounces of BFL* (Blue Faced Leicester) in the most lovely spring colors of greens, yellows and blues.  They also sprang for 4 ounces of Polwarth** Wool Top in woodsy colors...blues, greens and browns.   Both tops are from Woolgatherings and are really beautiful...so soft.

BFL- Gaston
Targhee- Bandon
Targhee- Deep Lake
The other fiber bundles came from Webs...from my husband.   I have a couple of bundles of Targhee*** in greens and blues in a colorway called "deep lake'.  Some really scrumptious BFL in blues and purples in the colorway 'gaston'.  The last bundle is also Targhee in reds and oranges in a colorway known as 'bandon.'

I now have lots of roving, but still haven't spun a darn thing.  Why?  My problem is that I'm afraid of messing these up.  What to do about that is where I find myself today.  I need to practice, but I don't want to mess up. I'm thinking I need to assign a day to the task...maybe then I'll throw myself back into spinning.  Weekends may just be for spinning since both days start with 'S'...yeah, I'm stalling.  I think I'll just go spin now before March is suddenly gone.


*BFL (Blue Faced Leicester)
**Polwarth
***Targhee

No comments: