Saturday, March 24, 2012

Forgot to Mention the Yarn

My March socks are done.  I meant to add a few words about the yarn I used for my Kellswater Socks.  It's called Adorn...a lovely merino with a nice amount of nylon added.  The yarn should be fairly durable given the amount of nylon at 20%.  Even with the nylon it still feels very soft to the touch and has enough bounce to make the cables pop.  The skein is BIG at 430 yards...still have 37 grams left after finishing the socks.  It was hand dyed in various shades of blues by Sharon and her gang of merry dyers at Three Irish Girls in Duluth, Minnesota.

This was my first time using anything from my stash of Three Irish Girl yarn.  I have several skeins of various weights and fibers thanks to my 'membership' in their Stash Menagerie.  It was a really good way to get a wide variety of special yarns.  It also made it difficult to stop participating in the club after several months...it seems as if you can't stop with just one.  In my stash I have aquired: Adorn, Springvale Bulky, Elenya Alpaca, Springvale DK, Roslea Organic Merino, Springvale Super Merino, Glenhaven Cashmerino in all kinds of special exclusive colorways.  I have a few patterns in mind for each one...just need to relocate my notebook.  I can't seem to put my hands on the darn thing.

Of course anytime Sharon posts a new colorway I drool on the keyboard...so far I have resisted a few.  Others were not ignored quite as well and are spending time amongst the stash.  A few will be participating in my Self Imposed Sock Club.  I'd best get cracking on choosing next month's yarn and pattern...




No comments: