Monday, March 26, 2012

A Brief Break in the Sock Action

Back view
Since I finished my March socks a week ahead of schedule I decided to take a break from sock knitting.  I managed to cast on the Mondo Cable Shell  by Bonnie Marie Burns of Chicknits last night.  I have had the pattern for ages.  I had thought the computer 'ate' it when it crashed awhile back.  Thankfully it was merely 'lost' in a file I don't remember creating...does that ever happen to anyone else?

Color Variation
I'm using another skein from Three Irish Girls.  It's called Rosea Organic Merino which is 100% merino...oops, organic merino.   The colorway is a semi solid collection of purples called Sea Nymph .  I love the name although when you see the color it doesn't scream either the Sea or for that matter Nymph to me...not that I know what a nymph looks like, ha.  I got lucky and it's knitting up at the correct gauge and the variations of color are looking splendid so far.

Only one concern...is there enough yarn?  Maybe.  Maybe not.  I have a double skein that's says it is 480 yards at 8 ounces.  After weighing it I have a wee bit more at 8 5/8 ounces...pattern calls for 475 yards.  So if the Knitting Gods are kind I'll have enough...if I get cocky you know what will happen.  I'll get  smacked down with at least an inch left to knit.  The plan...not to get too full of myself.

No comments: