Sunday, March 11, 2012

Finally Some Spinning


Louet "Northern Lights"
After posting yesterday I actually pulled out the spindles and spun for about an hour...maybe more, maybe less.  I lost track.  I love that it's so calming and time just disappears.  I decided to try my hand at spinning a bag of Louet Northern Lights that I had squirreled away a while back.  I thought at the time that I would hold onto it until I had a wheel.  It is a whopping 1/2 pound bag of pencil roving in the colorway "Picasso".  Due to the large amount and a definite color pattern I wanted to wait until I had a wheel to spin it all at the same time.  You know what they say about 'the best laid plans' right?  No wheel yet, but I do have a  couple of empty spindles to fill and a need to practice on something.

Plied Yarn
I went ahead and spun a small amount, plied and washed it...looks pretty decent.  I seem to still have some consistency to my spinning even though it's been a few months.  I'm pleased about that...my dear husband thought the "yellow looked too thick" until I had it washed and had it hanging to dry.   He now says that "the yellow doesn't stand out".  I'll take it.

No comments: