Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Progressing Quickly

One cable &  joined in the round
I've got to say that this shell is progressing pretty quickly.  Really enjoying knitting this top.  For a number of reasons...first it's not a sock.  It's pretty clever construction that moves top down.  That's a good thing because you can try it on as you go.  I have yet to do so...probably should too.  I don't want any surprises when it's done.

After some knitting magic I've joined the right to the left sides and started knitting in the round.  One cable is done...5 more to go till I'm done.  Pretty sweet.  Better stop the bragging now...remember what happens when one gets too cocky with one's knitting.  Hope to finish by the end of the week so I can cast on April's sock...still no pattern or yarn chosen.  I should get on that soon, but now I'm possessed...knitting the shell and watching eaglets. 

I haven't mentioned watching baby eagles have I?  I've been following two nests...one more local and another out in the wilds of the Midwest.  It has been fascinating watching these birds and equally interesting how some people react to watching nature. 

No comments: