Friday, March 09, 2012

Progress is Being Made

Powder Day!
Packed Powder & Blue Bird Skies
My March sock is moving along quite well.  I have managed to knit the entire foot and complete the short row heel.  Pretty good considering I was sidetracked by 8 inches of powder at Snowshoe on Monday.  The one and only thing that can put an end to my knitting faster is the mention of snow.  Snow means skiing or boarding, not sitting indoors and knitting...some may find that a very strange thing for a knitter.  Stranger still is if I wake up to a Powder Day then all knitting will be abandoned for the entire day...and maybe the night depending upon the level of tiredness one feels after a soak in the hot tub. 

Let's just say that sock knitting did not occur while some mindless knitting on Winged moved forward long enough to finish one more triangle.
Wing
As for my socks I had been using 2 different sets of needles which were slightly different in size yet there's no appreciable difference in gauge that I can measure.  My only complaint with this arrangement has been that one of the cables was only 16 inches long and the accompanying needle was too short.  I could knit the pattern just fine, but my hands would start to cramp after a few hours of knitting. 

New circulars in place
Happily when we returned from our winter side trip my needles were waiting for me.  Last night I switched out the old mismatched circulars for my new ones...I'm moving along quite nicely. 



      I leave you with one final picture of Winter...I love snow!

Morning Wakup

No comments: