Thursday, April 26, 2012

Yet More Wood


Before
I've found yet another wood project to spend time with the last few days.  My youngest recently moved into a new apartment...or is it a town home?  Depends on who you ask I suppose.  Anyway he was in need of a coffee table which has become my newest not yarn project.  T wanted a simple plank or 2 x 4 table...he sent me a couple of links to those he liked.

He liked the design of this one or maybe this one.  Who wouldn't...look at them, but the price for either one was crazy.  I started stalking the local Goodwill for a coffee table that I could re-purpose to suit my youngest.  Nothing was found the first week, but we scored on Monday...2 x 6 crate style.  A whopping $15 table.  Pictures were taken and sent to the youngest for his approval.  He liked it. 
After

Pretty pleased I immediately started the refinishing process...even before I had actually finished my stump project.  In no time the top was sanded and the old layers were cleared away.  It looks much better already.  If it stops raining I hope to get the final sanding done, the wood conditioned and stained tomorrow.

If he's lucky he'll have a brand new coffee table for his new pad very soon...complete with drink coasters.  Oops, forgot to mention the coasters...I'll share those in a later post.

No comments: