Monday, April 30, 2012

Now Its Calmer

Over the weekend I went ahead and cast on for a summer cardigan...CeCe from Chicknits.  I was itching to cast on something other than a sock.  At least it has my attention right from the cast on...must keep track of rows, increases, etc.  The pattern doesn't look too bad, but it's enough to keep my mind from wandering.  So far I've left out a few yarn overs, but at least at this point in my knitting I can actually fix it quickly.  Not too long ago I would have had to knit back in order to figure out my problem.  It's good to know that I can now "read" my knitting, fix it and move on. 

I decided to use my stash of Rowan Calmer in tangerine for the cardi.  Love the color...very summery.  I hope to finish in a week or so.  At that point it will once again time to cast on my May Sock...which will be a secret project so I will be have a news black out until their unveiling.

No comments: