Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Second Sock, Second Month...Progress & Excuses

Herringbone Rib Sock
One word...slow.  My progress on the second sock of the great Self Imposed Sock Club 2012 is going along very slowly.  It seems to be taking way too long to finish the first sock.  Why you ask...

Me
My guess is that it would progress faster if I spent more time knitting on the sock.  I've been distracted a few times with some other endeavors.  Namely back to back weeks boarding in the West Virginia mountains at Snowshoe.  After spending a day out on the slopes my mind is uninterested in knitting.  Did I just say that?  Mmmm, it's true.  I took my knitting both weeks...the sock and a pattern for felted hearts...just no knitting occurred while in West Virginia.

I must say that if I had to choose knitting or spending time outside on my board...the board would win.  Why wouldn't it...check out the amazing view!

View from the top of Cupp Run
They say that there's a 'first time for everything' and it must be true because I always knit at night...I can no longer say 'always' anymore.  I best get knitting if there is any hope of a finished pair by the 29th.

No comments: