Saturday, February 25, 2012

More Hooks and Needles

After yesterday's post about not having the right size needles it got me to thinking about how many needles are in the house.  I decided to spend the morning updating my needle inventory.   I thought that this task would be more fun than cleaning out the hall closet.  Thankfully Ravelry has a nifty chart that I have been trying to keep up to date.   Pulling out the various needle bags made me realize that I do in fact have more needles & hooks than I will ever have a need to use.

I'm not one to have more than a few projects going at a time...there was one Christmas that I had 10+ projects going, but that cured me.  It appears that I could have many times that under way based on the number of needles I have amassed.  It took a couple of hours and I managed to organize everything.  I even was able to recycle 15 hooks...do I really need 4 size J hooks?  Between Mom's collection and my own there were many duplicate sizes...I did keep a couple extras though.

For sentimental reasons  I could not get rid of some very old steel hooks from my Grandmother.  Hooks that I don't know if I'll ever use because they are so teeny tiny.  I assume they were her tatting hooks or maybe she used these when she added pretty lace borders to pillow cases.  I only remember Granny crocheting lots & lots of afghans.  Nice to have them in the collection as a remembrance of her and her skills as a crocheter.

Oh almost forgot...I ended up ordering 2 sets of US1 24 inch cables.  It's a sickness.

No comments: