Thursday, February 02, 2012

Broken Three

Cooper & Mira
Last weekend a bad thing happened while knitting and it was all my fault.  As I finished up my Spot Check socks my dog, Cooper decided that he really had to bark...a lot.  When he's excited his bark is one of those double high pitch ones that will drive you nuts.  He was very excited to be playing with Mira who belongs to my eldest & his wife. 

He would not stop so I set my knitting down on the couch and leaned over to stop the barking...you know where this is headed right?  My hand landed right down on top of the knitting.  I didn't hear any more barking all I heard was CRACK.  I picked up the sock and examined the damage.  It did not look good.

Broken Rosewoods
These were my first set of Latern Moon Rosewood double points...loved them.  Unfortunately I no longer have five double points needles.  Nope, I have two intact needles...and 6 really small needles.  No way to repair the damage done to them unless I want 3 inch long needles. 

Lesson learned:  do not lay needles down and reach across to tap the dog

No comments: