Friday, February 03, 2012

Declutter 2012 Progress

I have been busy (more or less) sorting through closets & drawers.  The actual process of tossing stuff in varies bags, baskets and cans is not my idea of a fun time.  The end result always pleases me...really it does.  Though I must admit that I have to be in the "proper frame of mind" to get much done in removing the clutter from our living space.  I can make all kinds of excuses..."what if I need it" comes out of my mouth quite a bit while I'm in the midst of the pile of stuff.  What should go unmentioned is that some this 'junk' has been buried for so long that I forgot it's use to begin with...or I've moved on to other pursuits, but couldn't let it go.

Novelty Yarns...oh my!
Yesterday I decided that the craft shelves were due for a major sort & toss.  After I pulled it all out, sorted it into various piles and stood there looking at the entire collection I decided to TOSS.  IT.  ALL.  Well most of it...kept my stamps.  I did put a few 'stolen' tools back in their assigned spots and all the gift wrapping fluff was put away properly. 

Today the bag of novelty yarns headed off to more appreciative types and many useful items were donated to Goodwill.  My husband pointed out that "nature abhors a vacuum" so he's a bit worried about the emptiness of the area. 

Clutter free
I did recover six small bins and a large one...

No comments: