Friday, February 29, 2008

Nothing to See Here

Well I can't say a whole lot of anything got done this week. Between my 2 daily projects the lace has taken over most of my knitting time. The darn thing is in my head so bad I cannot stop knitting on it...even reknitting parts. It has gotten a wee bit frustrating over the last couple of days. It seems like the more "comfortable" I get with the pattern, the more the pattern is out to smack me down. The "weauxf gods of knitting" have taken me out more than once on this project.

The funny thing is that it seems to occur about the time I count how many rows I have left on the current chart. I haven't paid much attention to how many rows are in a given chart. When I do count the rows about halfway though, I get pretty excited to be almost done with another chart, then the weuxf gods decide "ooooo gotta smack her silly and make her tink back a row or 4" just as soon as I have 2 rows left.

It has taken over 2 hours to fix my error of a dropped stitch...a simple drop would have been quick. Nooooo, I had a bigger problem of fixing 'sl 1, k2tog, psso' which ended up down 2 rows from were it should have been. Once that unwound itsef I could not get back in pattern without ripping past the error & starting again.

I tell you what I am stopping all counting of rows...from now until completion I will only move the marker up one more row. The weaxf gods are not going to get me again....on to chart 8 of 15!

No comments: