Friday, February 22, 2008

A Do Nothing Day

Today is one of the rare "do nothing" kind of days. With the light coat of ice & dreary day predicted I decided to get all my work done early so I could knit ALL DAY. I have actually done a small bit of tidying & laundry...there's always laundry.

I am knitting on a lace test pattern for Laura at Dragonwingarts. So far I am enjoying the heck out of the project. Lace knitting projects have been few for me so as part of the Knitting Fearlessly I decided I really need to do more "difficult" or intense projects. I don't find this one difficult, but I do need to pay close attention to my "psso" areas of the chart. I have missed a couple of these and of course I don't realize this until I'm on the purl row. Which is a bit annoying , but it is knitting...even if it is backwards!

I'm using a yarn, Malabrigo Lace in Indigo, that I have not used before. It's a wonderful blue colorway that has some lights & dark playing off one another. I think it's going to show off Laura's pattern well. I'll post pictures once I'm done with the knitting & Laura says it's okay to do. I must get back to the lace...it's gotten into my brain some kind of bad. I reckon that's a good sign, right?

No comments: