Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Excitement & Expectation...maybe

When I realized that I was down to only 2 projects (Her Ski socks and 1/2 a Monkey sock) I decided I needed to cast on at least 2 more projects. I've gotten used to having multiple projects to work on during the evening hours. TV just is not interesting now that football is done unless my needles are in hand.

There are times I feel like having an intense, pay attention to type of work and then there are those evenings that the brain is shot (or body) and I want the so called "mindless project". A couple of nights ago I cast on the Edge Shapped Sweater from Out of Town by Debbie Bliss. I first saw this sweater knit up at one of my all time favorite yarn shops, Mosaic, in Blacksburg back in December. The owner, Gina, was kind enough to track down whose pattern it was and order the book for me. I bought the yarn, Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran in a charcoal gray color, at Mosaic around Christmas and now that all the projects that had been hanging around are done it's time to get busy with the sweater.

If I am lucky maybe I can get this done in a couple of weeks. So far the knitting is fairly simple 4 row repeat so I cannot say that the mind is being taxed to the limit. I must say though that the excitement of casting on a new project makes me very happy. I'm keeping the expectations in check, but so far the yarn is behaving well and feels yummy in my hands.

No comments: