Thursday, February 14, 2008

Here, There & Everywhere Cables

Wow was this scarf fun to knit up. The pattern is so simple, but looks way more complicated with the way the cables run on both sides. I love that the most...no matter how you put the scarf around your neck the cables are right there showing off with no "right side" or "wrong side".


The yarn is fantastic...super soft and feels so nice & warm as you knit it up. I wish we'd get some more cold weather around here so I can truly enjoy the scarf this season. I know it will be a much worn scarf during the next football season. I'm thinking a set of mittens to go with the scarf could make great use of the last skein in the stash...maybe I can score some Hokie Orange malabrigo to go with the red mahognay. My DH likes to claim it's purple which it is not...definitely maroon which is why I chose this colorway.


The details of this project:
Pattern: Here & There Cabled Scarf by Nora Gaughan as found in Scarf Style

Yarn: Malabrigo, colorway red mahogany, 2 3/4 skeins

Needles: 24 inch Knit Picks Options, size 7

Finished size: Length 75 inches with a width of 5 1/2 inches

Modifications to original: CO 54 stitches for a narrower scarf. The original stitch pattern was kept the same & continued until I felt the length was long enough. I did block the scarf using my current favorite wash, Soak, as suggestioned to open up the interplay of the cables. I'm happy with the results.

No comments: