Friday, January 23, 2009

What is It?

Well it’s been more than enough time since my last post so time to post something.Anything is better than nothing at this point. Right? I’ve been “on the road” since mid-January so I’ve taken my knitting on the road so to speak. As we drove on interstates…lost track of how many…I knitted away on baby sample blocks. I ended up with 8 squares of seafoam and 8 squares of chocolate brown. I had hoped to have it all done by the time we got to Austin for our visit with the great nephews, ages 3 and 2 ½ months. The squares were done by the time we left San Antonio, but not the “putting it all together” part which was a bit disappointing. I had wanted to have it done so I could leave it with them. At least I have a lot more interstate travel ahead so it will be done soon…mailed rather than personal delivery will just have to do in this case.

While in San Antonio my BIL’s wife, “K” gave me several yarns she had bought when they had lived in Italy over 20 years ago. She was taught how to knit while they lived there & had went shopping right before heading back stateside. ”K” said that you could go to the local mills and buy yarn by the POUND!Can you imagine that…bags & bags all sold by the pound. Anyway as she was showing me her stash she offered me several different yarns. Now I have to figure out what I have actually added to the stash…100% wool? Mohair? Cashmere? Now I need a good way to determine how much & what weight of yarn I now have…being on the road make that a bit more difficult.

No comments: