Thursday, January 01, 2009

Changes for 2009

Already there will be changes in 2009 in this household. As of yesterday, my DH is now an officially retired person...does that make me "old" too? The next really big change will occur next Saturday when we embark on a trip that will cover several states in the heart or is it the teeth of winter. My knitting blog may become more of a travel blog. Can you just imagine the knitting I can do while on the road, stuck on the side of the road or holed up in some distant hotel room waiting on the weather to "clear".

The states that we are planning to visit...in no particular order...West Virginia, South Carolina, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Washington, Wyoming, Montana, and then Tennessee. I know it's nuts to hit all of these states in the winter, but then we have always been a touch 'off in the head'. I'm hitting yarn stores throughout the South, Southwest, Great Pacific Northwest...you name it I'm gonna give it my best shot. I cannot imagine a more fitting memory from the trip...except for the several thousand pictures that will be taken. I promise to update my knitting as I go along.

Now I need to choose the projects and some "get me started yarn" to take along for the ride. Suggestions are appreciated!

No comments: