Monday, January 05, 2009

The Nan Bag

Finished one more slipped stitch handbag based on the Little Slip bag. I've really enjoyed knitting these bags. Quick, simple, & looks complicated all at the same time...don't you just love a knitting project that looks complicated? It's felted and now drying so I made another self imposed deadline. By Wednesday it will be dry enough for me to finish attaching the handles and adding doodads to the fringe. Now I have nothing on the needles once again. Only some seaming left to do on a sweater and the New Year will be off to a brand new start of knitting projects.

Have I mentioned that it kind of drives me nuts when I don't have anything on the needles. It can be a stressful time trying to narrow down the choices of projects to cast on. What to pick first? Do you start with the yarn? Pattern? Mmmmm...I got to get started on choosing what to take on our trip. Really cannot take as much as I want because I'm sure I'll visit some yarn shops on the trip.

My Mom has asked me to knit her Mr. Greenjeans for her. She bought the yarn at Mosaic's big sale...Miss Priss in the Elena Piscopia colorway. So this one has made the cut...stay tuned for those other "must have" travel projects.

No comments: