Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A New Yarn Adventure

My friend, B and I went out to Holly Springs Yarn Shop today for the first time. A very nice shop with friendly people. We enjoyed our trip out to the "country" which isn't all that far out in my eyes. I love to drive doesn't matter how "far out" it may be I'm game to go.

Of course I bought yarn....I always do...a sickness is all I have to say about it. Sock yarn can never count as 'stash' in my opinion. I bought some of Kathy's Scarlet Fleece it's Tubular X2 in persimmon. Already been wound and ready to start a pair of socks...a very Hokie feeling colorway!

The other two skeins were from Wisdom Yarns in Chicago and Boston. I loved the socks done up with the different patterns...know nothing about this yarn, but could not resist the patterning. The two different skeins will pattern out differently- one stripes (Boston) the other with stripes and splashes (Chicago). I'm looking forward to seeing how these work up.

No comments: