Friday, January 04, 2008

Holiday Recap

First post of the New Year...a recap of FO's for the 2007:
5 small (2.5") knitted Christmas ornaments
4 large (4") knitted Christmas ornaments
7 pairs of socks
2 felted handbags
2 lace shawls
2 scarfs
4 hats
1 pair mittens
1 pair felted clogs
3 calorimetry headbands
1 Mermaid Jacket
I guess that's not too bad since I think of myself as a process rather than product knitter. I'm most pleased with the Mermaid...by far the most intense knitting done to date. Not that it was hard just that I had difficulty wrapping my brain around the pattern instructions. Once I started writting out the pattern by row things moved very well...I could check off the row and keep track of all the "at the same time" instructions HF gives in her pattern. I was much happier and relaxed with the knitting and the final product fits beautifully. It's back on the 2008 list for my Mom...need to find the right colors of yarn.
Still finishing up another Koolhaas Hat for youngest...he thinks the original is too big. This one has only 96 sts CO and knit on US size 6 and 7's...also shortened the height by one repeat, doing only 4 pattern repeats. I hope to finish by Saturday in time for his return home.
Need to pick out projects for upcoming ski trip...thinking socks would be the easiest. H's blanket is just too large to trek to the Mountains!

No comments: