Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Her Ski Socks

I started on Her Ski socks...don't think I'll have the pair complete before the ski trip, but I may get lucky. I'm trying out Grumperina's "pretty way" of picking up the gussett stitches. I do like the look although not easily seen with the yarn I'm using for the socks. A nice & easy technique for picking up the stitches. The gussett area seems flater...important in a ski sock to have no rubbing inside your boot.

Pattern: standard ribbed K3P2 pattern from cast on of 60 stitches

Yarn: Jo Sharp DK Wool in owl for the cuffs and brocade for the leg/foot.

Needles: size 4 Clover Bamboo

The heel is ribbed as well due to problems I have had in past ski socks...the ankle area sags. I did a slip stitch k1 to the end on the right side, then purled the wrong side.

No comments: