Sunday, January 27, 2008

Corkscrew Scarf


Corkscrew Scarf
Originally uploaded by cindiknits2
Pattern: Teva Durham's Loop-d-loop Corkscrew Scarf

Needles: Clover Bamboo size 8

Yarn: Artful Yarns Broadway, 1 skein (101 yds per 50 gram skein), color- chorus line.

Jo Sharp's Alpaca Kid Lustre, #852, 1 skein (121 yds per 50 gram skein)

Also used 1 skein of Unknown yarn that was similar in color, but had extra loops of yarn throughout the skein.

My friend originally bought the skein of broadway and the unknown skein at the LYS to do this scarf, but never started. She 'gifted' the skeins to me to get the stash levels down in her home. I decided that if I could get a hold of the book I'd do the scarf for her. The local library had a copy on the shelves...the knitting only took a day or so. I enjoyed knitting the scarf and only wish I'd had more yarn to make it longer.

No comments: