Thursday, January 24, 2008

A New Look for the New Year

It's a New Year and I thought I'd play with the look of the blog and add a few new features. Maybe it will help me to update the blog more than in the past. We shall see how it goes.

I do love the flickr badge...so easy to do who knew? My plan for knitting in 2008 is more socks...my current addiction. I also need to finish Ella...almost was done in the fall until I had the worst thing happen. I picked up the knitting in the WRONG place and out fell the needle. As you know if YO's are involved a mess will insue...it took several hours of frogging back and picking up what stitches I could, then tinking until everything was back onto the needles correctly. I have not knit on it since, but the time has come to finish up.



I did finish my oldest project, YEAH!! My husband's blanket that had been started last March and finally finished last weekend. My only regret is that I now know how to spit splice...why did I not know to felt two strands together? So when I see the areas I added another skein I kind of cringe...the spit splice dissapears so nicely. Another lesson learned.



I'll be test knitting another lace project for Dragonwing Arts...will start next week using some Malabrigo Lace in the stash. I also have the yarn needed to do Debbie Bliss's Shaped Edge Sweater...using Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran in granite. I hope to swatch and get started on this one soon. It always seem as if I have more 'projects' than I have the time to knit them all, BUT I can try to can't I?

No comments: