Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stupid Cold

Well wouldn't you know that I'd miss out of something fun while I was laying on the sofa with a box of Kleenex and a blanket. We were all set up to have a little "tutorial" on sock knitting amongst the neighbors when I busted the plans all to pieces by getting the cold of all colds.

I never get to a point when I have a cold that I feel the absolute requirement to lay down...except for this one. I cannot remember the last time a cold knocked me on my butt. My DH couldn't either...he kept saying things like 'gee you look like hell' and then he'd ask 'wanna go get a sub so you can get out of the house'. Why on earth would I want to leave the house if I looked as bad as he said ...I know I felt that bad. So the neighbors got together and knitted without me.

I think that was the worst thing about the whole weekend...I did not knit one single stitch for 3 whole days/nights. My head wanted no part to picking up the needles...hard to watch TV without the sticks I must say. What did I ever do before I discovered knitting? My neighbors learned a few new things from their knitting party...one learned how to do a yarnover, then another showed the wonders of a life line to save their knitting from the frog pond. Sorry I missed the whole thing...looking forward to our next "tutorial".

No comments: