Wednesday, March 12, 2008

All Signed Up

Yes, I am all signed up for Purl Jam 2008! Really looking forward to attending the weekend in Blacksburg. It will be the first time taking an official class...I hope I don't embarass myself.

I'm taking a couple of classes with Annie Modesitt (Knitting with Color, Tips & Tricks) and a few with Cornelia Tuttle-Hamilton (Finishing Techniques, Herringbone Block, and Swedish Socks). I so hope that by learning something about the Swedish Sock I can rescue Her Ski Socks and maybe even His Ski Socks. The ski socks just did not work out at all...to loose around the ankles & foot for skiing. Too much risk for blisters & rubbing in areas while skiing which would not have helped our ski trip.

As for the other classes...all seem to be things I need more instruction on. I'm not very comfortable finishing up seams, etc always nervous and fearful that I will mess of the knitting and not wear the item. My Mermaid turned out well, but I'm still not anywhere near comfortable seamibg up sweaters. Now I just need to stay out of yarn shops and save some cash for the event!

No comments: