Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Edge Update



The Shaped Edge Sweater is coming along...fairly slowly since my lace addiction is a fever pitch at the moment. Over the last couple of days I had more time with the Edge since the designer was looking over her lace pattern for the error.

I actually took the sweater on our recent ski trip thinking it was the easiest project for "mindless" knitting. Alot did get done once I sat...rather stretched out on the bed for knitting time. By the time dinner was done and coffee time was over I didn't have much time to knit before crashing. I did get the front done up to the decreasing for the sleeves...I only added about a quarter to half inch to the length. The pattern called for 13" before starting the decreases, but I thought I'd like it a touch longer & since I needed to end on row 1 I added another repeat.

A night or so ago I finished up the decreases up to the top...the k1p1 knitting is rather mindless, but it's going well and I don't find it the least bit boring. I'm increasing my speed with the process and hope to have this project completed before too much longer. If I can stay away from the lace consuming all my brain power.

I've even cast on for the back and have about 2 inches done on that so it's moving right along. It won't get any wear until fall unless the weather suddenly turns cold again, but I'm loving the feel of this yarn , Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran.

Of course yesterday a friend and I paid The Yarn Lounge a visit on their third birthday celebration. A 20 % off sale is hard to pass up and of course I bought more than I had originally planned. I wanted to order some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in the color Rue, but didn't like the color compared to the Nymph already in stock. I did, however order a neutral color called Teddy Bear which is a nice shade warm shade of kahki for one of Chick Knits patterns called Aleita Shell...in the new Interweave Spring 2008 . I even bought enough Rowan Felted Tweed in Rage for a sweater that was on display...Martha from Rowan 28. The texure of the sweater is what I was attracted to...I hope I'm up to the challenge of actually pulling this one off.

Once again my eyes are surpassing what my hands can possibly do in any reasonable amount of time, but then again I love having several projects going at a time. For some reason I have never figured out I seem to finish them all within days of one another which is pretty cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.