Monday, March 24, 2008

New Yarn Pics & Possible Project Matches

Not much new on the knitting front due to amazingly not knitting for the last 5 days! A new record for me that I had no choice but to accept due to sickness. I always knit, every night, no exceptions....according to my DH I'm obsessed with my knitting and I guess I am. I just can longer watch TV without needles...it feels weird these last several days having all this time and cannot knit. I'm much better today and hope to feel up to a bit of knitting later.

So today I'm going to post some pictures of recent yarn purchases over the last few weeks. The Brown Sheep Cottton Fleece's Nymph will be used for one of Chicknits patterns called the ChicKami. I'm going to do the wide strap vesion and hope to start in the next 2 weeks so I can actually wear it during the war weather.




The Rowan Felted Tweed is beautiful...feels soft to the touch and the color is a very rich red with flecks of blues & pinks. I'm planning on doing the sweater in Rowan's Magazine #28 called Martha. Since there isn't much need for a sweater at the moment this one is on the back burner until a few other projects are completed. I could have waited, but there was a sale at the time and you just never know when the color will not be there when the mood strikes.


The Frog Tree Chunky Alpaca is just so soft! I discovered this yarn last fall, but didn't buy at the time. Then I saw a beautiful ruffled edge scarf at Mosaic made by D....I wanted the yarn bad. of course the dreaded "we've sold it all" wasn't what I wanted to hear. This past week I was in luck....lots of yarn in stock. I bought enough for the scarf, a hat, & maybe mittens. I'll be ready for Hokie football this fall!



Last but not least the Prism Lace Wool...just gorgeous. I'm leaning towards the a wrap in knitty called Jeanie or maybe a better choice would be Muir since the Prism is lace weight. Once I finish my current lace project one of these will be started. That's about it for future works at the moment....just need to feel well enough that my eyes can see the knitting!

No comments: