Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Yet Another

I have yet another finished object to post about...Mr. Greenjeans is drying on the blocking mats. I'm thankful to have bound this one off. I have to say that this sweater has driven me nuts in the last week or so. Not so much the pattern, but in the size I was seeing as I knit...seems way to small for the desired XL size.

I'm worried it won't fit the intended recipient...Mom. She asked me to knit this up back in January and I took it on our trip (travel blog). I swatched and determined that I would need to use a size 7 needle in order to achieve the valuted gauge of 18 stitches/ 4". After casting on in Mom's desired size XL I knit until I had to put it on hold so she could give it a test fit. Added another 2 inches to the body after seeing where it hit her body...and on and on.

My problem with this is the sweater just looks way too small...it seems to fit me across the body okay although the shaping is all off for my torso. I don't think this will be fitting Mom as well as I would like. I'll be lucky if it fits across her shoulders much less have it button correctly. The thing is that all my measurements are spot on the schematic...now I can only hope that the magic of blocking will work out and this will fit well.

Details
Pattern: Mr. Greenjeans by Amy Swenson

Yarn: Schaefer Miss Priss [100% Merino; 280 yd/256 m per 113g/4 oz skein], colorway: Elena Piscopia. I used most of 4 skeins with a bit over 1.5 oz left.

Needles: Addi size 7, 32" circular and Knitpicks Options size 6, 60" circular, and size 8 DPN's for the sleeves

Gauge: 18 sts/26 rows = 4 inches of stockinette stitch

Size: XL

Once this is dry I'll finish up the little details...weave in the ends, attach the button, etc. and I'll post a few pictures with a body wearing the sweater. Now off to find the body...

No comments: