Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Need for more WIPS

I find myself in a bit of a pickle...only one wip (work in progress for you non-knitters). You read that right I currently only have ONE work in progress as I write today. I'm about done with February Lady so it's possible that I will not have anything on the needles very soon. I have not had that situation in a very long time...like way back when I first started knitting in 2005.

Way back then I had this attitude that I would only buy yarn as I went...yeah crazy right? I would finish a project before I'd get more yarn. I would never have a 'stash', never have to worry about where to store yarn, never forget what I had, yada yada yada. As a side note I also have said that I'd never knit sweaters, socks or lace...all untrue statements now.

I have a stash and add to it quite frequently as noted in prior posts...here, more, & yet more over the last few months. Not to mention the sweaters I have knitted...starting with my Mermaid and more recently Mr. Greenjeans & February Lady. Socks? Yep broke that one too...along with lace, hats, bags you name it and I've tried to knit it. The great thing about knitting is the fact that there is so much out there to knit.

Which brings me back to my original problem. With so much out there & so many things I want to start...how to pick what's next? So the plan...such as it is...a pair of socks -angee (ravelry link) by cookie a in Sock Innovation, a tank or summer top-Shay Cap Sleeve Pullover and maybe another sweater. I still like to use wool even as the weather warms. Ask me about the Blankie knitted during July and August. I think I can handle knitting a wool sweater...maybe Chicknits Eyelet Cardi?

Now I only need to choose the yarns & needles to go with these projects...then cast on.

No comments: