Monday, April 20, 2009

An April February Lady

I dragged the yarn & pattern all over the country for over 2 months without doing much other than a gauge swatch. What was I thinking? After casting on I've been rolling right along on this cardigan. February Lady by Pamela Wynn has been a joy to knit...mostly. By the time the lace sections get monotonous you realize that you're done. Perfect! The best part of the whole project has been the yarn. I decided to use Malabrigo's Azul Profundo for the cardigan. Talk about a soft touch...this stuff has been wonderful to knit. I only hope that the pilling that sometimes plagues this yarn won't happen. Most all of my other items knit with Malabrigo have not had any issues with pilling. Time will tell. The color is a beautiful shade of cobalt blues...a wee bit of varigation, but not an overabundance. Love the color!

As for the cardigan itself I think I'll be done in less than a week. The first sleeve is about done...deciding where to stop & start the garter stitch cuff. Do I want to stop at the elbow as the designer has done or work down as far as my forearm? Thinking I'll like it better with the longer sleeves. Decisions, decisions...off to finish the sleeve cuff. Ooooh and I need to look through my buttons...more decisions.

No comments: