Thursday, August 07, 2008

More Stash

Oops, I forgot to post pictures of the yarn I bought while at Purl Jam back in June. I really didn't go crazy...strange I know. I've more than made up for it these last couple of weeks though so don't worry that I'm running low on yarn anytime soon. So here's the stuff form Purl Jam...love the colors and have something in mind for each skein. I now just need to create enough time in the day to knit everything ASAP.

David Simpson of Green Dragon Yarns, a local Blacksburg dyer that Gina of Mosaic "discovered" just in time for Purl Jam had some very pretty choices in bright bold colors. I ended up choosing 'underwater' in a Kona Superwash Sport weight, 100% merino wool...a fairly good sized skein at 340 yards. I'll have more than enough for a pair of socks.

Classic Elite Alpaca Sox, 3 skeins of golds, blue-gray and green varigated yarn which is destined to become a Lace Ribbon scarf or wrap. Once again this is the yarn called for in the original pattern.

Farmhouse Yarns, Andy Merino II...colorway is Hokie and we all know I am a sucker for anything called "Hokie". I bought 3 skeins of the yarn...it did not last more than 24 hours in the Vendor room at PJ. I haven't decided yet what to do with the 600 yards...leaning towards a vest of some sort, but open to other ideas. Maybe I could 'steek' a vest...wouldn't that be cool?

Mountain Colors...Bearfoot in Moccasin Trail. Don't ya just love how Mountain Color's comes up with unusual names. So different and memorable...not sure how reds came to be called moccasin trail, but love it just the same. I need to look through my sock patterns and come up with something nice...love the feel & colors.

I do need to start my Christmas knitting pretty soon. This year I'm will not do the crazy thing I did last year and knit something for everyone. Not. Going. To. Happen. So I need to start getting myself organized and decide who is going to get a handknit. Maybe I should pull names out of a hat...

No comments: