Friday, August 08, 2008

Follow-up Friday

The stuff I have currently on the needles:

  1. Nicole Jacket*
  2. Central Park Hoodie*
  3. Herringbone Wrap*
  4. Basic Socks*
  5. Shaped Edge Sweater*
  6. Cable Ribbed Socks
  7. Ruffled Edge Hokie Scarf


*ravelry access required

Out of the above list believe it or not I have at least touched half of them...by touching I actually knitted a few stitches. This has been one of those unusual weeks in that I have not been working on home improvement stuff so you'd think I'd spend more time knitting, but really I was bored with most of the stuff on the needles. I guess bored isn't quite the right word...more uninterested. I wanted a bit of mindless knitting...no counting, no measuring, no anything and I had nothing on the needles that qualified until midweek when I took action.

What exactly I was after I wasn't too sure...looking at some yarn I had sitting on my desk it was decided. I had wound a couple of skeins of sock yarn a few weeks ago and just left them sitting out. At least one of these had sat long enough waiting for a pattern. After looking through my Favorite Socks book I decided on starting a pair of Cable Ribbed Socks using Scarlet Fleece's It's Tubular x2 in persimmon. So far I'm moving along pretty well and only have to "think" on row 4 for the cable...not too hard at all. The color is very fall like...oranges & browns and brings to my mind falling leaves & cool weather. We could use some cool air around here right now.

In fact the idea that fall is right around the corner led my mind to the upcoming football season. Of course that means I will need yet another Hokie scarf. The fact that I had 5 skeins of this fantastic Frog Tree Alpaca in the colorway Hokie popped into my head about the same time...can it get any better? That sealed the deal and I cast on for a Ruffled Edge scarf. A simple pattern that Debbie at Mosaic happily shared a few months back when I first laid eyes on her Ruffled Edge out of same Frog Tree Alpaca. At the time the shop was out of the Hokie colorway, thankfully that didn't last too long and I was able to get my hands on 5 skeins. The way I figured I could use 4 for the scarf and then the last one for a hat for my DH. He dissed the orange color...saying it "wasn't right" so now I get all 5 for myself. He'll get another hat out of Malabrigo or Ultra Alpaca in burgundy...who knew he was so particular about the orange.

So far this week I have knitted quite a few rounds on the sleeves for the CPH...doing both on the same circular so everything will be matchy matchy. I'm about halfway done with the sleeves. I have blocked the fronts and back to the skematic...looks good. I also finished off the shoulder joins by doing a three needle bindoff which looks pretty good as far as cables matching up.

Just couldn't bring myself to work on the Herringbone Wrap. The cast on of 350+ stitches just wasnlt going to happen this week...maybe next week will be a better time to do that one. The Nicole Jacket, Shaped Edge Sweater's one sleeve and the Basic sock are all sitting in my knitting bag and haven't been touched either...I'm bad oh well.

No comments: