Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back on Track...for now

The cables are all fixed and back on track. I tried, really tried to fix the missed cables without frogging back. It just didn't work out too well for me. I started on the right side cable by dropping only the 6 stitches of the cable. I then reknit the section to include the cable...imagine that. I had big problem in how the stitches just looked too wonky along the edges...way too loosey goosey with no way to get the darn tension right. I tried to pick up the wayward loops and tighten each one as I worked back up, but I kept running into one that no matter what didn't want to follow the crowd.

The next thing to try was to drop off the whole section of 18 stitches that constituted the pattern to see if I could then get the stitches to sit better. It just didn't work well enough and was taking far to long. As I worked I had to drop off stitches repeatly to fix the tension along the edges as I worked back up the section. After an hour of mostly wasted effort I made the decision to frog the thing back. A much better solution and faster than what I was trying to do. Maybe next time I'll see the missed cable much quicker and the technigue will work with much less effort. I'd like to think I won't miss anymore cables, but who am I kidding...

No comments: