Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Stumbling & Bumbling

I feel like a newbie knitter. I'm stuck up to the armpits literally on Etrusca. For some reason known only to my brain I'm having some difficulty with the decreases for the armholes. The pattern has been easily followed until I reached the point of decision...deep scoop neck (front version), a more modest scoop (back version) or one of each and decide later which way to wear it. Three ways to knit it up...love that. The problem with all of this is how to proceed with the decreases for the armholes.

I decided to follow a more modest path & do the back version, but reached the point that I am unsure of my decrease. Do I decrease both ends while on the same row? On the beginning of each row? The kicker is that the designer added the dreaded "as for the front" which has me confused...the front decrease includes binding off for the neck at the same time. I'm thinking way too much I know so I'm going to let it go for awhile until the Epiphany hits me...or not.

No comments: