Friday, June 26, 2009

A New Look

A few days ago I took the leap & had a few of my pattern books rebound. First time I have ever changed a book in such a way...never knew I could actually. After reading a post on Ravelry about rebinding Cookie A's new book I picked out a few favorites & headed off to Office Max.

Now I have 3 books rebound with a nice shiny black coil that allows me to fold the book pages flat...so much easier to use & I no longer will have to flatten the spines when I make a working copy to mark up. Now I know what all of y'all are thinking....cost a bundle right? Nope, that's the next best thing. Fairly inexpensive...depending on the size of the coil needed...the thicker the book the bigger the coil the more it cost. My most expensive one was $6 whereas the smallest one was only $3.25. I'll take it. It's a win win! Now I find myself looking at ALL of my knitting books, cooking books, hiking books...you name it I'm thinking of rebinding them all.

No comments: