Friday, June 05, 2009

Another Hokie Sock...Pomatomus

Must be getting forgetful...finished my Pomatomus socks and forgot to post. I started these in mid May as part of Sock Innovation KAL on . Too bad I didn't get them done during the month of May...missed it by thaaaat much, as in less than 24 hours. I finished weaving in on June 1st so they can't be counted amongst those finishing on time for the prizes. Oh well at least I finally got around to knitting the pattern.

I enjoyed kntting these socks. As always Cookie A's pattern was well written, fairly easy to pull off & the pattern just looks so cool. No problems and no modifications to my socks...can it be I followed the pattern all the way? Seems to be true. I also was able to use some stash that's been hanging in there waiting on a good pattern...my Scout's Swag Custom Dyed Hokie yarn finally made it's way into a pair of socks.


Details
Pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A

Yarn: Scout's Swag Fingering Weight [100% superwash merino, 400 yards/92 gram skein]; custom dyed- Hokies. I have about 13 grams of yarn leftover from the one skein used.

Needles: Knit Picks Harmony DPN's, size US 1's (2.50mm)
Gauge: 32 inches/4 inches

Size: Women's size 9 1/2"

One last thought...you will notice that these are not exactly matched. I did try to get them to match, but once again missed by that much. Must be a theme for the last month or so.

No comments: