Thursday, July 31, 2008

Blocking the CPH

The Central Park Hoodie's back and both fronts are now blocked. So far so good...well except for the honking mistake I found while I was blocking the right front. At least I only have to tink back one cable repeat & redo the shoulder shaping so it's not a big problem. Never noticed it while knitting. Mind must have been wandering again because I DID count the cable repeats before I started the shaping...just didn't count well.

Anyhoo once I blocked out the right front and then the left front you could not help but notice the difference...the right was a couple of inches taller. Not good. So once it's dry I've got to fix that before I can join the fronts and the back together. Still plan on doing a three needle bind off for the shoulders so the plan is to finish the main body tomorrow.

As for the sizing issues that I was worried about prior to blocking it looks as if it's right on the money. The back is perfect at 20" wide and about 1 " longer at 25". The left front is 9" wide without the button band and is also 25" long. I'm not gonna talk about the right front since it's slightly off...it is okay in width though at 9". The way the numbers are working out once the button band is attached I'll be slightly wider than the 10 1/2" listed on the schematic...works for me!

As for the sleeves I decided to knit them at the same time on one circular needle. So far so good through 2 pattern repeats. Let's hope there are no more surprises...I have enough going on right now.

No comments: