Monday, July 14, 2008

Even and Odd

What happened? I suddenly have a number of things on the needles this month and all requiring my attention. Currently there are 3 sweaters (Nicole Jacket, Central Park Hoodie and Shaped Edge Sweater) 2 different socks (Basic pattern & Knitty's Spring Forward, Etrusca and the Herringbone Wrap. I'm thinking in order to get it all done quicker and so no project will feel neglected I've decided to take the time honored approach of an odd/even day. It worked during my kids growing up for various things so on odd days I'm planning on working on Nicole, Basic sock or Herringbone Wrap. Then on an even day I'll knit on Central Park Hoodie, the Spring Forward sock or Estrusca. The Shaped Edge Sweater only has a sleeve left so that can be worked in when I need some mindless knitting.

Another great thing about this approach is that my poor thumb will not cramp up with the same needles being handled nightly. Of course it could all fall apart when one project becomes the next obsession...have to resist that impulse.

No comments: