Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Three Down and Three to Go

I've completed 3 of the 6 squares I need for my Fear of Finishing class at Purl Jam next week. So far I've got a garter square, a moss square, and a just finished stockinette square. Three more to go before I head off next Thursday...should not say that it's a piece of cake...don't want to get those Knitting Gods worked up do we? Nope, I've got to decided what other patterning I need to have so I can learn how to finish off more professionally.

I'm leaning towards a basketweave of some kind due to a long hibernating pattern for a "jacket" called Nichole by Jane Ellison I found in the Queensland Collection Book 1 over a year...or maybe 2 years ago. Can that be right? I've had the yarn & book for ages so it could be 2 years. Anyway it could prove helpful to see how to seam up a basketweave if/when I knit the Nichole Jacket.

The last 2 squares have not been decided...one will have some yo's and be more lacy and the last one may be the patterning for another future project (Etrusca swatch) so I better get back to it...

No comments: