Monday, June 23, 2008

Back to Reality

B & I are back from our adventure to Blacksburg and what was Purl Jam. We had a great time and now B has her stash started. She admitted that there seemed to be fumes in the air and she just could not resist the urge to buy yarn.

B even DREAMED about a yarn that she saw when we were in Mosaic for the book signing. You know it is a sign that you MUST buy that yarn which turned out to be Gedifra's Filorosa. Poor thing was worried it would all be gone by the time we got to the store when she'd tell someone about her discovery. No worries, she found her yarn packed up and left one happy lady.

As I unpacked my bags today I was surprised at how little yarn I actually bought...strange event I know. DH even noticed that I didn't have as much as he expected I would have. I must be slipping somehow. I ended up with 3 skeins of Classic Elite Alpaca Sox to be used for another Lace Ribbon Wrap, 1 skein of Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Moccasin Trail, 1 skein of Blacksburg indie dyer, David Simpson's Kona Superwash 100% merino wool in the color Underwater Twilight...love the name & feel of this sock yarn. Last more Hokie colored yarn. I can never have enough of those colors...this is from Farmhouse Yarns and is 100% Andy's Merino III. The skeins even include a picture of Andy the sheep.

Other purchases included 3 books...Cornelia Tuttle-Hamilton's Wanderlust & Araucanian Leisure and Sensual Knits that included Jared Flood's Ramona sweater pattern. I also succumbed to the temptations and ordered a Lawre Laine knitting bag....yeah I know I have 3 nice bags, but you can never have enough and I have wanted a specific color and look so the opportunity was there and I just did it!

Now for a few pictures:








The lovely Gina... Mosaic shop owner and the organizer of Purl Jam






2008 Purl Jam Event Instructors/Designers:
Cornelia Tuttle-Hamilton, Jared Flood, & Annie Modesitt













1 comment:

Virtuous said...

It was wonderful meeting you and Berttie! You ladies were GREAT! :o) Take are!