Thursday, February 13, 2014

More Plucky Means More Knitwear

I have been really lucky at obtaining my Plucky stash.  It is not easy to get Plucky Yarn.  It is not sold in stores... except for the occasional trunk show.  You have to be quick to click with your finger (or mouse) when they have a blog update... or an instant gratification sale on Etsy.   In other words obtaining the yarn is part of the adventure, but it isn't nearly as fun as knitting with it. 

So far I've been fortunate to knit with Primo Worsted, Primo Fingering and Traveler Aran.  All of these were wonderfully soft and have had the best stitch definition of any yarn I have ever knit.  I had 4 single skeins of Traveler Aran in four different colors so I decided to knit a couple of scarves. 

One skein in a beautiful teal blue was used for a new cowl.  I wanted to use as close to the full skein as possible so I needed a pattern that could be adjusted easily on the fly.  I found the perfect pattern.


Details:
Pattern:  Olivia Cowl by Michele Rose Oren;

Yarn:  Traveler Aran by The Plucky Knitter; Aran / 10 ply, 65% Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Yak
220 yards / 115 grams.  Color:  Fondant.  I used 112 grams of this one...3 grams left.
 
Needle:  US 8, Addis Clicks
 
Gauge:   4 1/2 stitches and 6 1/2 rows = 1" in Bias Basketweave Pattern
 
Size:   6” wide ~48” circumference
 
Modifications:  None really...I knit until I was close to running out of yarn.  Wonderfully warm cowl.
  
The other scarf (or wrap) were knit out of my three remaining skeins of Traveler...Honey Wilkes,   Pierre and Café Society.  I love these three colors together.  I found another pattern that I thought would work well with the yarn.  Another new favorite scarf which has been surprisingly warm and scrumptious against the face.  Especially in temperatures of negative 32 degrees... yes I went outside to walk the dog, but then wrap was very warm.  It has been worn everyday on the slopes.
 
Details:

Pattern:  muh-muhs by Isabell Kraemer;  


Yarn:  Traveler Aran by The Plucky Knitter; Aran / 10 ply, 65% Merino, 20% Silk, 15% Yak
220 yards / 115 gram.  The three colors:  Café Society; Pierre, and Honey Wilkes.  I ended up with quite a bit of each color...30 grams, 47 grams and 68 grams.
 
Needles:  US 10, Addis Clicks
 
Gauge:  I did not pay attention to gauge on this one.
 
Modifications:  None
 
Size:  Blocked 17 1/2” x 70”
 
 

No comments: