Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Another Keelin Cap

Since I had enough of my Plucky Primo leftover from Dark and Stormy I decided to do yet another Keeling Cap.  My first one done out of Elsa Woolen-Spun Cormo has gotten a bit stretched.  I love the style of the cap and the fact that it doesn't smash my hair too flat. 

Details:
Pattern:   Keelin Cap by Bonne Marie Burns; 

Yarn:  Plucky Primo Worsted by The Plucky Knitter, Worsted /10 ply, 75% Merino, 20% Cashmere, 5% Nylon, 200 yards / 105 grams; Color way: Route 2.  I had about 100 grams of yarn leftover from a previous project and ended up using 83 grams. 

Needles:  US 6 and US 8, Addis Clicks

Gauge:   4 1/2 stitches and 6 rows = 1" of Stockinette Stitch

Modifications:  I added a few extra rows of ribbing to cover my ears a bit better otherwise knit as written.

 

No comments: